Join international writing competition 2019 to win fabulous prizes. don't miss it
today contest: travel writing contest by world nomads
deadline: March 11, 2020 at 11:59PM (EDT)
prize: three aspiring travel writers to explore beyond the sandy shores and crystal waters of the Caribbean in the 14-day trip
join: submit your best 700-word travel story to www.worldnomads.com/create/scholarships/writing/2020
international writing competition 2019
join writing competitions. free for anyone in the world can submit their stories to win international writing competitions 2019
online competitions 2019: THE ROSWELL AWARD for Short Science Fiction Writing Competition
deadline: . on Monday, January 28, 2019
prizes: First Place: $500 USD
* Second Place: $250 USD
* Third Place: $100 USD
* Special Award Prizes:
* The “Women Hold Up Half the Sky Award” presented by Artemis Journal and the Hollywood
Chapter of the National Organization for Women (Hollywood NOW): Print publication in
Artemis journal and online publication on the Hollywood NOW site and $100 USD. (see below)
* The “Best Translated Science Fiction Award.” Prizes to be announced.
Four to six finalists will be chosen and
their stories read dramatically by celebrity guests in a special performance at LitFest Pasadena on Saturday, May 18,
2019 followed by an awards presentation. First, Second, and Third place winners will be chosen from the Finalists and all
Finalists as well as the Honorable Mentions will receive certificates recognizing their work. Special prizes will also be
presented by our partners, including the “Women Hold Up Half the Sky Award” presented by Artemis literary journal and
the Hollywood Chapter of the National Organization for Women (Hollywood NOW), and the award for “Best Translated
Science Fiction Story.” This award is for a story that has been translated into English, and will go to a writer and translator
requirements: adults age 18 and older from around the world
Contestants must be at least 18 years of age.
* Only one (1) submission is accepted per author.
* Stories must be 1,500 words maximum and no less than 500 words.
* Stories must be typed and submitted as a Microsoft Word document.
* Stories must include a cover page in the body of their submission email with the following information: Name,
address, email address, and phone number of the applicant; story title; story word count; and which prize the
author wishes to be considered for first (The Roswell Award, Women Hold Up Half the Sky Award, or Best
Translated Science Fiction Award). The attached document with the story must include the story title and text,
only, with no identifying details. If submitting for Best Translated Science Fiction Award, ensure that both the
author and translator names are included in the cover letter email, and indicate the language from which the story
* Stories are eligible for only one prize, but stories submitted for the Women Hold Up Half the Sky Award and the
Best Translated Story Award will be considered for the First, Second, and Third Place Roswell Award prizes if
they do not win the prize category under which the story was originally submitted.
* Stories must not have any previous publication online or in print (this includes personal websites and social
* Stories must be original work. Stories that feature characters, settings, or other defining features of any existing
media properties (books, film, TV, etc.), including fan fiction, will not be considered.
* Stories must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, January 28, 2019.
how To enter: submit short science fiction stories to THE ROSWELL AWARD throught email: TheRoswellAward@gmail.com.